Thursday, January 24, 2008

Who starts a diet on a Thursday?

There is an unwritten rule that all diets must begin on a Monday. The reason for starting your diet on Monday is so you can hit every all-you-can-eat buffet in town during the weekend to pack your stomach full of food that you won’t be able to eat for the duration of said diet. Well, I am breaking that rule, and my new diet (lifestyle change) is beginning on a Thursday. The reason for this abrupt change in my eating habits is simple….I’ve had enough!

My sister recently lost a fair amount of weight on a medically supervised diet. She couldn’t have more than 700-800 calories a day, and her meals consisted of pre-made shakes and soups. The shakes didn’t appear to be too bad, but she made one of the soups at my house and we had to soak the bowl overnight to remove the soup residue. It coated the inside of the bowl like latex paint. She was also required to take a handful of various vitamins, supplements and 2 bouillon cubes daily. Now I don’t know about you, but bouillon cubes aren’t my idea of good eatin’.

My sister phoned last night in an attempt to talk me into visiting her weight loss center and scheduling an appointment with the doctor. I have to admit that the quick weight loss sound very appealing. I’m not looking forward to month after month of calorie counting, but I would rather count calories than eat bouillon cubes. After I got off the phone with my sister last night, I decided that I have had enough of my current lifestyle. I know what I need to do to lose weight, and it’s time to just do it. So, here I am on Thursday and the new lifestyle has begun.

Maybe starting diets on Monday has been my problem all along. Okay, so it has probably been my lack of willpower and my love for enchiladas that has prevented me from succeeding, but a girl can dream, can’t she?

No comments:

Google