Friday, January 25, 2008

Bye-Bye Mr. Scale...We'll Meet Again on Valentine's Day

I am one of those people that is a slave to their scale. I weigh myself the first thing every morning as I prepare to enter the shower. I don’t know why I have made the scale part of my morning ritual as it only causes me grief. My bodyweight can fluctuate greatly from one day to the next, and when the weight is down I feel great, but when it’s up I feel discouraged.

I have decided that for the first 3 weeks of my weight loss journey that I will not step on the scale once. Boy was that a hard habit to break this morning. I caught myself with one foot on the scale and had to talk myself off of the beast. After all, what harm can one peek at the scale do? A lot of harm, actually. Depending on the outcome of that number, my mood will be set for the day. So for the next 3 weeks, my mood will be set by ME and not the dreaded scale.

What happens after the 3 week weigh in you ask. I have decided that if I don’t see a dramatic change in my weight by then (I am calling 5 pounds dramatic), I may have to take my sister’s advice and try the medically supervised diet that she has done which I call the bouillon diet.

The 3 week weigh in happens to fall on Valentine’s Day. Actually, there could not be a more fitting day for the first weigh in because I am hoping to LOVE what I see on the scale.

No comments:

Google