Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Spring Clothing Collection by Lazyboy

Since spring is in the air (well almost), I decided it might be nice to purchase a few new shirts for the season. I'm not one that spends a whole lot of time purchasing clothing because I get so frustrated when nothing fits me the way I think it should. I am shaped like Pacman--a big round torso with thinner legs, so it's hard to find clothing that doesn't make me look like a walking basketball. I'm losing weight, so I know that the clothing I purchase will only be temporary, but I'm frustrated as hell with the choices I have found so far.

Who designs the plus size clothing? Furniture manufacturers, perhaps? I understand that plus size women shouldn't necessarily dress just like the non-plus size gals because they have some figure flaws that they are trying to hide. However, it sure makes us plus sized women feel horrible when clothing makers can't come up with something remotely attractive for us to wear. Every shirt I saw today reminded me of a horrific couch fabric. Do they really think that it's a good idea to make larger woman wear floral prints the size of Uncle Bob's head? What's with all these brightly colored geometric shapes? Because that's what all of us larger gals want is to call more attention to our bodies.

What happened to basic colored shirts? I just want a burgundy, black, red, or blue shirt with no hideous pattern or goofy embellishments. You know, something that makes me feel like I am well dressed without calling unnecessary attention to my body. I don't want to wear a shirt that blinds people because it's flashier than the Vegas strip. Am I asking for too much?

2 comments:

H.K. said...

I don't think it's asking too much for designers to make trendy clothes or at least clothes that don't shine so brightly!

I am dreading the day they take boot cut jeans away! Even when I get to my goal weight, my body shape does not look good in skinny jeans.

Pudgy Gal said...

H.K.,
I understand what you're saying about skinny jeans. I have a hard time finding ANY jeans that look right on me. I know that part of it is that I'm just really hard on myself, but part of it is that I've got an odd shape.

Pudgy Gal

Google