Monday, March 2, 2009

I'm Singing the Chocolate Donut Blues

I have never had much of a sweet tooth. I would sell my sister for a cheese enchilada, but cakes, cookies and candy have never held much appeal for me. Don't get me wrong, that has never stopped me from eating my fair share of goodies. After all, I needed to do my part to stimulate the economy by supporting Krispy Kreme, Hershey's, Nestle, etc.

Today one of our vendors dropped off a box of donuts and I had no intention of having one. After I finished lunch, I entered today's food intake into The Daily Plate and I realized that I had plenty of calories left. The donuts starting calling to me. "Oh, Pudgy Gal, come meet us. We're fresh and covered in gooey chocolate." Well, I gave in and ate a donut and it tasted mighty fine. However, about 30 minutes later I felt like I had been hit by a train--I was drowsy, dizzy and felt just plain yucky.

I think my body was trying to tell me that it no longer wants to consume junk, and I can't argue with that. I feel so much better when I make healthy food choices. No more donuts for me!

4 comments:

Daria said...

I was going to follow your blog, but it seems like you don't have it as an option. If that's just a malfunction, let me know when I can. If not, maybe you could follow mine, so I can keep up with your story.

Pudgy Gal said...

Daria,
I added the "follower" button to my blog and it's located under my photo on the right side. I apologize for not doing this earlier, but I wasn't aware that such a thing existed. I'm going to check out your blog too.

Pudgy Gal

Daria said...

I've now started following you. Thanks for adding the button. That is very funny about the donuts. I absolutely do have a sweet tooth though. I would sell my sister for chocolate. I'm a terrible sugar fiend. I put sugar on my spaghetti, and ketchup on my steak. I know, ewww. But I love sugar. It has been so hard kicking it. I eventually have to kick the desire to eat Splenda as well my doc says. Oh Goddess......give me strength.

Pudgy Gal said...

Daria, Welcome! I personally feel that ketchup is a food group.

Google