Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Exercise? What is that?

I know that exercise is an integral part of any weight loss program, but why can't I make myself begin? I have a basement full of exercise equipment including a treadmill, elliptical machine, recumbent bike, full weight set and a Total Gym. You would think that having my own personal gym in my basement would make it easy to exercise, but that has not been the case. The equipment just sits there collecting dust while I come up with excuse after excuse of why I can't exercise today. Here are all of the excuses that I come up with and why they aren't viable excuses:

1- I'm too tired = Of course I'm tired, I am 70+ pounds overweight and carrying that extra weight around everyday is making me more tired than I should be, but exercise would help me lose the weight faster and give me more energy.

2- I'm too busy = I'm not too busy, I'm just bad at prioritizing my schedule. I know plenty of people with busier lives than me, but they always find time to exercise.

3- My back hurts = Again, that 70+ extra pounds are to blame. My back will start feeling better once I lose weight, and I need to exercise to make that happen.

4- I really want to watch this television show = I have a television right next to all of the exercise equipment and watching the show while I exercise would make the time go by faster.

5- I would rather spend time with my husband = He really could benefit from exercise too, so we should go for a walk together.

6- I'll start exercising once I lose more weight = I'd lose weight faster if I would start exercising right now.

7- I'll start exercising once I purchase that new piece of equipment or that new exercise video = I already have an arsenal of exercise equipment to use.

8- I can't exercise in the morning because I'm not a morning person = This one is easy, I need to exercise at night.

9- I can't exercise after I get home from work because I need to cook dinner = I need to prepare my meals in advance and make dinner preparation much easier and faster.

As you can see, I am great at coming up with excuses to prevent me from exercising, but it's time to get real. No more excuses! Exercise, here I come!

No comments:

Google